Saturday, January 30, 2010

Meeting Old Friends

On 30 December 2006, I met up with my ex-classmates, their spouses and children. That particular gathering was kind of a big thing to us: it was our 30th Anniversary of knowing one another. Everyone was making it a point to be present.

I have missed a number of gatherings and was looking forward to it. As such when a number of them couldn’t turn up I was very disappointed.

Three years later, on 23 January 2010, we met again. A couple of them whom I have not met the last time and for a very long time was present. It was one of the unforgettable highlights of that evening.

There were many thoughts and feelings of course when you meet up with old friends who had and have been, and hopefully continue to be, part of my life. And one of the binding elements in our group must surely be those six women. I felt the strength that these six women have and I immediately remember something I received through an email which is befitting of them, which I will reproduce in the next post.

We all have certainly aged. We all have certainly been wiser. Is there anything I would have changed in my life if I had the foresight of today? I can’t think of any now but one thing I certainly would not want to change is the journey I went through with these old friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment