Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Where to cut my hair?

Like most people, I prefer to go to my regular doctor, dentist, hairstylist and even grocer simply because they know my needs.

So when my regular hairstylist suffered a near-death incident, took almost half a year to recover and now decided to work on a free-lance basis operating from the late afternoon onwards, I had to find an alternative.

I decided to try those around my neighbourhood. Went into one salon and had a not bad haircut. And it only cost $12 (without wash and blow dry). More importantly I saved a lot of time – no need to travel to Orchard and stick to any appointed time. But unfortunately this salon stopped operating after my second haircut there. That meant I had to look for another salon. Fortunately, the new operator who took over the salon, opened within a week and the haircut was even better and cost only $8. This compared to the $22 to a high of $69, for just haircut, wash and blow dry, I had paid in Orchard area.

Now that I have so much less hair to cut, there is no need for layering and texturing and what-have-you, just a simple neat haircut will do. On my way home from work, I will pass by the salon. At that non-peak hour, if I see there is no one or just one person in the salon, I will drop in for my haircut. Really save a lot of time and convenience besides money.

The hairstylist recently asked me whether I wanted to colour my hair for the new lunar year. I don’t need to and furthermore I think I still have prejudice against neighbourhood salons not to entrust them with putting so much chemicals (must check what they are using) on whatever little hair that is left on me.

Now my mum goes there too.

Just hope there won’t be any change in operator or hairstylists.

No comments:

Post a Comment