Wednesday, July 22, 2009

I am glad I don’t have to take the MRT to work

I was on course for two days and the training centre was in town. The course was from 9.00 am to 6.00 pm. As there was no direct bus there, I had to take a feeder bus service from my home to the MRT Station and then take the MRT there. Oh my, Singapore’s population IS increasing. The buses and the trains were packed with people. Many couldn’t even get on board and had to wait for the next one. And during peak hours, there were so much traffic.

Though the journey wasn’t that long, I arrived at my destination drained and stressful. Going home was no different. I reached home exhausted, not by the training, but by the journey. I think it is also because I basically just don’t like crowds. I don’t go to sales events. Nope, I have not shop for anything, except chocolates and ice creams, during the Great Singapore Sale. I hate queuing up to pay. If I need to buy something, I will usually go first thing in the morning when the shops just opened for business.

I am very glad that I don’t have to take the MRT to work and I never had. Even in my previous jobs in Shenton Way and Orchard Road, I was fortunate that there were premium or private bus services that originate from my home to these places. These services usually just go around a certain estate or location and then head straight, non-stopped via expressways, to the destination. The marginally higher transport cost was definitely worth every cent as you are usually guaranteed a comfortable seat and arrived or reached home still fresh!

I hope I will never ever have to take the MRT to work.

Errr… I still have to go back there in September for another two days.

No comments:

Post a Comment