Sunday, June 28, 2009

The Past Three Weeks

The past three weeks have been packed for me. It’s like I have been just flowing along with the current with no control and hence I have not posted anything here.

First there was a report I had to write. But I suffered from “writer’s block” – just don’t know how to write it. Normally I would have completed a report within a week. But this took about 2.5 weeks. Was surprised nobody seemed to notice that I took longer than usual. Perhaps one is “entitled” to a delay once in a while if that is not the norm. One fine evening at around 9.00 pm, I sat down in front of my computer and the words and thoughts just flow to me naturally. I managed to complete slightly more than half by 10.30 pm. Stopped, got ready for bed and continued and finished the report the following morning!

Beside this report, I was also quite busy with other areas of my work. It didn’t help when I applied several days of leave to spend time and play with my cousins’ kids as it was the school holidays.

A “day” with the kids typically starts from 10.00 am (when I start my journey) to after 8.00 pm. By the time I reached home and get settled down, it’s around 9.30 pm. Checked emails and maybe watched the news or other programmes to unwind and it’s time for bed.

My cousin‘s son introduced a computer flash game to me and I was hooked. That evening I played the game till 2.30 am before I reluctantly went to bed. I think if my mum had not knocked on my door and “ordered” me to go to bed I might had continued with the game. Yes, I have been playing this game frequently (each round can last about 45 minutes or so) and I even played this game at the office, though usually during my lunch break but it did encroached my working hours.

Because of the above, I was behind my TV watching schedule. I had to record quite a number of programmes (Eli Stone, Battlestar Galactica, Merlin, documentaries, Korean dramas, etc) and I didn’t get a chance to watch and clear one episode before the next one is on. But I found that I get better entertainment satisfaction watching two or more episodes at one go then watching one weekly.

I will be busy with work this coming week. But after that I should be able to take a breather.

No comments:

Post a Comment