Monday, September 21, 2009

Ludicrous Noise

When someone says something stupid or nonsensical, people in Hong Kong will most likely respond sarcastically with “You SAID something!?” I remembered watching a Hong Kong serial drama in which Carina Lau was arguing with another guy. The guy went “You SAID something!?” and she went “You MADE a noise!?” (你发音啊!?) Yes, what was uttered that was so ludicrous cannot be considered as words but just plain noise. And you do not respond to noise; you block it out.

Why bother responding to that woman over in Malaysia who is supposed to be promoting tourism? It is just noise.

My first reaction to her remarks was not to retaliate but simply shake my head. When you thought there shouldn’t be any more flabbergasting remark from government officials in our neighbouring countries that would surpass the “current” remark, someone just shoot off his/her mouth again.

What I like to do from now is to compile a list of such noises from our neighbours. I have already got two in my previous post. Please help me by sending any you come across to me.

Yeah, as I have said, we got to make some noise too.

No comments:

Post a Comment