Monday, December 28, 2009

Christmas 2009

This year’s Christmas went a bit faster and less “stressful”. I guess a large part has to do with the fact that a usual large Christmas gathering was brought forward by almost two weeks because of travel plans made by some of the attendees. This year’s Mid-Autumn Festival was also brought forward by one week because of travel plans made.

Having a Christmas gathering two weeks in advance meant having to buy your presents even earlier. It forced me to get out and shop and I actually avoided a lot of last-minute shoppers compared to last year. As I have already bought the presents, I decided to give my colleagues their presents earlier too (by about a week) and not wait till the Eve or a day before the Eve.

This year I got a number of presents which I was going to buy them myself within the next two months or so if I haven’t got them.

I was looking out for a bag but didn’t find any to my likings and I was given a bag with lots of compartments (the way I wanted it) and in the colour I wanted.

I was out shopping for socks and I was given two pairs.

I had wanted to try the Kokutoh Chocolate from Royce’ and I was given a box.

I recently attended a course on how to make ice cream and though I had ordered three books on the topic from Amazon, I was given one with 500 recipes containing lots of colourful and beautiful photos.

One present which brought back childhood memories was a rectangular box of Van Houten Almonds Chocolate given to me by a junior staff member. The moment I held it when my colleague gave it to me I already knew what it was. However I no longer enjoy them as when I was a kid; the chocolate was too sweet and the almond was very tiny. Perhaps I have been spoilt by gourmet chocolates.

No comments:

Post a Comment