Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Donde Esta Santa Claus by Augie Rios

This song was a hit in 1958 and was sung by Augie Rios.

I used to be tickled by the first line of this song when I was a kid even though I had no idea what it meant.

The first line, in Spanish, simply mean, “Foxy lady (or hot mama), where is Santa Claus?”



Mamacita, donde esta Santa Claus?
Donde esta Santa Claus?
And the toys that he will leave.
Mamacita, oh, where is Santa Claus?
I look for him because it's a Christmas Eve.

I know that I should be sleeping,
But maybe he's not far away,
Out of the window I'm peeping,
Hoping to see him in his sleigh.

I hope he won't forget to clack his castinet,
And to his reindeer, say,
Oh! Pancho, Oh! Vixen, Oh! Pedro, Oh! Blitzen,
Ole! Ole! Ole! cha cha cha.

Mamacita, donde esta Santa Claus?
Oh! Where is Santa Claus?
It's Christmas Eve.
Mamacita, donde esta Santa Claus?
I look for him because it's Christmas Eve.

I know that I should be sleeping,
But maybe he's not far away,
Out of the window I'm peeping,
Hoping to see him in sleigh.

I hope he won't forget to crack his castinet,
And to his reindeer, say,
Oh! Pancho, Oh! Vixen, Oh! Pedro, Oh! Blitzen,
Ole! Ole! Ole! cha cha cha.

Mamacita, donde esta Santa Claus?
Oh! Where is Santa Claus?
It's Christmas Eve.
It's Christmas Eve...

8 comments:

  1. Mamacita means little mama, not hot mama, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Augie Rios (b.1946 New York City USA) American singer songwriter recording artist and actor.

      Delete
    2. Mamacita Donde Esta Santa Claus the popular Spanish holiday song especially for Christmas perforned by Augie Rios of New York City USA.

      Delete
    3. Augie Rios he's equivalent to Bruno Mars the Latino American balladeer and musician.

      Delete
    4. I am the fan of classic rock and roll music in popular culture in TV films comics animation and media throughout the world.

      Delete
  2. Classic popular holiday song released in 1958 by Puerto Rican American actor singer songwriter and recording artist Augie Rios.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Feliz Navidad y Prospero Ano Nuevo!!!πŸŽ…πŸ€ΆπŸ‘ΌπŸ•Š⭐πŸŒŸπŸŽ„πŸŽπŸŽ€πŸŽŠπŸŽ‰πŸŽπŸŽ†πŸŽ‡✨❄⛄

      Delete
    2. Muchas Gracias!!!πŸ™‚πŸ€—πŸ˜‡πŸ˜ŽπŸ˜πŸ˜˜πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜€πŸ˜πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜„

      Delete