Monday, May 4, 2009

Got myself a ladies phone

Got the Samsung Ultra Touch S8300, red edition, mobile phone recently. To me, it is actually maroon and it is definitely less feminine than the pink edition. Unfortunately the blue edition is not released here (yet?).



This will be my fourth Samsung phone. My first was a Sony Ericsson.

This quad-band, HSDPA (7.2 Mbps) phone is 110 x 51.5 x 12.7 mm and weighs 105g. The 2.8” (240 x 400) 16M Full Touch WQVGA AMOLED display with anti reflection is sharp and clear. Compared to my previous phone, notifications, sms and emails are easier to read now. My UOB SMS-OTP (one-time password for internet banking) is now clearly highlighted in blue and underlined!

The 8 megapixel 4x digital zoom camera features auto-focus, face detection, smile shot (which pinpoints the faces in your picture for optimal portraits) and dual power led (which ensures well-lit photos in dark surroundings).

Other features include video recording at 30fps@VGA, FM radio, MP3 player and voice recorder.

There is also a Fake Call function which simulates the phone ringing, allowing you to “escape uncomfortable and potentially dangerous situations” by pretending you need to take a call. Got a chuckle out of this and have yet to try this out.

On the minus side, battery life, and hence talk-time, is shorter than my previous phone.

The incoming call ringing time is much shorter at around 30 seconds only. However this seems to be network dependent and I'll investigate further. Previously I was with Singtel; just changed to Starhub.

No comments:

Post a Comment